On June 17th, Finding Dory will come to theaters. I cannot wait to see my favorite fish in theaters again! To celebrate, my friend Becca from Love Our Crazy Life is hosting a month long party filled with daily Finding Nemo or Finding Dory themed posts from 30 different bloggers. Be sure to check the schedule to see each Nemo or Dory themed post!
Part of the fun of watching and re-watching Disney-Pixar films in learning the trivia for the film. Each time you watch, there’s always something new and interesting to spot in the film. Let’s take a look at some of the trivia for Finding Nemo:
- Dr. Sherman, the dentist, has a diploma from Pixar University School of Dentistry.
- Buzz Lightyear can be seen in the dentist’s waiting room.
- Also in the waiting room, is a young boy reading a comic book which features Mr. Incredible. The film featuring this superhero released one year after Finding Nemo.
- It was originally planned to gradually reveal what happened to Nemo’s mother throughout the film by use of flashbacks. After a few screenings, it became clear that Marlin, Nemo’s father came across as too much of a worrier before the audience could understand the reasons for his actions. Therefore, the decision was made to show the backstory for Nemo’s family up front, allowing audiences to better understand Marlin, making his a more loveable character.
- The shark Bruce got his name from the shark seen in the movie Jaws. While making Jaws, Bruce was the name given to the animatronic shark.
- As you may know, no Pixar film is complete with the famous Pizza Planet truck. In Finding Nemo, the Pizza Planet truck can be seen as Gil explains his plan to escape the dentist’s office and return to the big blue.
- The animators did such a great job animating the surface of the ocean that it actually looked like real video footage of water. So they had to revise the animation to make it look less real and more animated.
- The film’s director, Andrew Stanton, provided the voice for the sea turtle Crush. He did not originally intend to voice the character; however, his voice proved to be popular among test audiences who viewed a rough cut of the film, so he decided to voice the character in the final version as well.
- Squirt is voiced by the son of The Incredibles and Tomorrowland director, Brad Bird.
- Our favorite forgetful fish, Dory, can’t seem to remember Nemo’s name for most of the film. Among the names she mistakenly refers to Nemo by are Fabio, Chico, Bingo, Harpo, and Elmo. She does manage to get Nemo’s name right a total of seven times; however, three of those times are only after being corrected.
- The colorful shells of the sea turtles are designed based on Hawaiian shirts, similar to the kind often worn by Pixar’s Chief Creative Officer, John Lasseter.
Have you noticed any other trivia from Finding Nemo? Share it with us in the comments below and don’t forget to check out the other Finding Nemo & Finding Dory themed posts in the month-long celebration! I can’t wait to look for new trivia in Finding Dory when the film is released!
Latest posts by Kimberly (see all)
- New For The 2017 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival - September 6, 2017
- Born In China Digital HD Giveaway - August 25, 2017
- The Lion King Digital HD Giveaway - August 24, 2017