MAY 28, 2015 – DISNEY INFINITY
Whimsical Game Modes Bring New Twists to Cooperative Puzzle Platforming Gameplay
Disney Interactive today revealed more information and assets for Disney•Pixar’s Inside OutPlay Set, an innovative puzzle-solving action-platformer, available this fall for Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition, the ultimate family gaming platform that features characters from across The Walt Disney Company, including Disney, Disney•Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars™ franchises.
Based on Disney•Pixar’s much anticipated film Inside Out releasing June 19 in North America, the Inside Out Play Set takes place in Riley’s mind after she inadvertently catches a glimpse of a scary movie as she is falling asleep. Her Emotions — Joy, Fear, Anger, Disgust and Sadness — rally together to calm the turmoil that has overtaken Imagination Land as a result of Riley seeing the movie. Broccoli, pie cannons, bats and even swamp creatures are running rampant through Riley’s mind. As single-player or two-player co-op, players must help Riley’s Emotions journey through Imagination Land, work together using each character’s unique skills to defeat enemies, gather Riley’s displaced memories, and return them to the Long Term with the help of Mind Workers before Riley awakens.
Three different game modes feature a twist on traditional platforming:
- Clouds, which fade or emit lightning;
- Musical platforms, which must be precisely timed in sync with the beat, and;
- Gravity barriers, which flip the player and the world upside down.
Playable characters for the Play Set include Joy, Fear, Anger, Disgust and Sadness. Each figure comes with special powers to combat swamp creatures and other nightmare beasts:
- Joy – A ray of lighthearted, optimistic sunshine that brings cheer to every adventure. She can glide across gaps the others can’t overcome.
- Fear – Frightful bundle of nerves is the fastest runner. He can cross bridges and platforms before they collapse.
- Anger – Hot-headed powerhouse can cross beds of hot lava with ease.
- Disgust – Always disgusted, she repels off the clouds letting her jump higher than anyone.
- Sadness – Worrisome friend turns waves of sadness into melancholy fun, and can travel on clouds without them fading beneath her.
In addition to the video, the new asset pack includes images and action screenshots showing the characters in the Play Set.
All figures will be also playable in the newly enhanced Toy Box 3.0, along with all characters previously released for Disney Infinity. Players will be able to use these figures, plus hundreds of Star Wars, Marvel and Disney-themed items, locations, props and vehicles to create new adventures in customized worlds.
Additional figures and Play Sets will be announced in the coming months. Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition is being developed by Avalanche Software in partnership with Ninja Theory, Sumo Digital, Studio Gobo and United Front Games. The game is rated E10+ by the ESRB and will be available this fall.
Latest posts by Kimberly (see all)
- Best Ways to Celebrate Christmas at Walt Disney World - November 1, 2017
- Cars 3 Digital HD Giveaway - November 1, 2017
- Park World Radio: Relive the Magic 24/7! - October 8, 2017