Welcome to this month’s Blogorail Teal loop. Today we are sharing some of our favorite summer recipes.
Key Lime Pie is one of my favorite summer recipes. This quick and easy recipe has been a family favorite since our first trip to Key West several years ago. Here’s what you’ll need to make your own key lime pie at home this summer.
9-inch graham cracker pie crust
Two 14 ounce cans of sweetened condensed milk
6 egg yolks (Save the egg whites to make a meringue topping, if desired.)
1/2 cup key lime juice (I use Nellie & Joe’s Famous Key Lime Juice.)
At a slow speed, blend the sweetened condensed milk together with the egg yolks until smooth.
Next, add in key lime juice and continue blending.
Pour the filling into your pie crust.
Bake the pie for 15 minutes in a 300 degree oven.
Allow the pie to cool for 20 minutes before refrigerating.
Key lime pie is generally served topped with whipped cream or meringue. Since trying the chocolate covered key lime pie on a stick in Key West, I enjoy topping my key lime pie with a drizzle of chocolate syrup. You can also try key lime pie topped with mango sauce or raspberry sauce.
Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail Teal | Summer Recipes Loop:
- 1st Stop – Ashley Aspires | The Grey Stuff
- 2nd Stop – Frontierland Station | Key Lime Pie
- 3rd Stop – The Disney Chef | Dole Whip Float – Aloha Isle
- 4th Stop – Bibbidi Bobbidi Booze | Disney Recipes to Recreate This Summer
- 5th Stop – Home is Where the Mouse Is | Florida Fresh Watermelon Salad
Latest posts by Kimberly (see all)
- Best Ways to Celebrate Christmas at Walt Disney World - November 1, 2017
- Cars 3 Digital HD Giveaway - November 1, 2017
- Park World Radio: Relive the Magic 24/7! - October 8, 2017