Standing at the center of Disney’s Animal Kingdom is the park’s icon, The Tree of Life. Many Disney guests often stop to take a picture with the tree or to admire the artwork carved on to the tree. Do you know today’s trivia about the Tree of Life?
- The Tree of Life stands 145 feet tall and has a diameter of 50 feet.
- The tree is decorated with over 300 beautifully carved animals including a monkey, lion, deer, scorpion, pelican, dolphin, hippo, bear, and many more.
- When the imagineers began designing the massive tree, they knew they would need something equally massive to support the tree’s structure. So, they used an oil rig as the skeleton for the tree.
- The Tree of Life has over 103,000 leaves in five shades of green. The leaves were individually placed and will actually blow in the wind like leaves on a real tree.
- The tree’s large base allows it to house a theater where guests can view the It’s Tough To Be A Bug show.
Thanks to Jodi at Magical Mouse Schoolhouse, Heidi at Heidi’s Head, Mike at My Dreams of Disney, and Jenn at Disney Babies Blog for hosting the Tiggerific Tuesday Trivia blog hop! Click the links below for more great Disney trivia!
Starting Thursday July 11th, we will be hosting a new blog hop here at Frontierland Station! The blog hop, called Fastpass To History, will allow readers to quickly and easily find several interesting pieces of Disney history each week. We look forward to hosting this blog hop and hope you will join in the fun!
Latest posts by Kimberly (see all)
- Toy Story Land to Open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on June 30th - February 16, 2018
- How To Avoid Getting Sick At Disney - February 14, 2018
- New Park Experiences Announced at D23 Expo Japan - February 12, 2018