Disney’s Hollywood Studios opened as Walt Disney World’s third park in May of 1989. The park is dedicated to movie magic. From the Golden Era of Hollywood on Sunset Blvd. to the action of stunt shows, there is something for everyone at this Disney park. Let’s take a look at our top 10 must do’s for Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
10. Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular – Adults have a chance to get in on the action at this thrilling show. The director will have a casting call at the beginning of the show. If you’re selected, you will get to appear in costume as an extra later in the show! Once the action get started, you will see Indiana Jones as he avoids booby traps on his search for the golden idol. Together, he and Marion will battle the bad guys, leap from building, and dodge bullets. The show also features an airplane and explosions!
9. Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show – If anyone in your group is interested in fast cars, movie stunts, or explosions, you’ll definitely want to see Lights, Motors, Action! This show came to Walt Disney World from Disneyland Paris as part of Disneyland’s 50th anniversary celebration. Watch as the cars in this show literally burn rubber! The show is filled with high speed chases, fast maneuvers, and they even jump some of the cars! You’ll also see motorcycle stunts and even a man on fire. Lightning McQueen also makes an appearance to Lights, Motors, Action! Be sure to have your camera ready at the end of the show. If you time it just right, you’ll get a spectacular photo of a car jumping through a ball of fire.
8. Star Tours – The Adventures Continue – Star Tours re-opened in 2011 with over 50 new adventures. Guests can now hop aboard a Starspeeder 1000 and travel to many different locations from the Star Wars films. In fact, with so many different options, you’ll most likely have a different adventure each time you visit this attraction. With R2-D2 and C-3P0 as your guides, you may travel to locations such as Tatooine, Hoth, or even the Death Star. You never know who you will see in your adventure. You might encounter Yoda, Chewbacca, or even Darth Vader. This 3D flight simulator attraction is a must do for any Star Wars fan in your group.
7. Muppet*Vision 3D – This classic Hollywood Studios attraction is filled with corny jokes and cheap 3D tricks. The jokes start once you step into the queue. Be sure to pay attention to all of the little details in this attraction. Once the show begins, you’ll get to experience Muppet Labs’ newest technology – Muppet*Vision 3D. All of your favorite Muppets, including Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, and more make an appearance in this show. And of course, what Muppet show would be complete without Waldorf and Statler. These two old men can be heard heckling the Muppets throughout the show.
6. The Voyage Of The Little Mermaid – This Hollywood Studios show is definitely something to see! The show features laser and rain effects which make guests feel like they really are “Under The Sea” with Ariel and friends. The Voyage of The Little Mermaid features many musical numbers from the classic Disney film. The highlight of the show is the “Under The Sea” number which features colorful blacklight puppets. In addition to puppets, the show also features live actors, as well as, animation from the Disney film.
5. Beauty & The Beast Live On Stage – This Broadway style show tells the classic “Tale As Old As Time” of Beauty & The Beast. The show features music from the 1991 Disney film. The beautiful costumes and wonderful choreography make this show one you will not want to miss! The “Be Our Guest” number is dazzling. And of course, the highlight of the show is when Belle appears in a glittering ball gown and dances with the Beast.
4. Toy Story Midway Mania – This is one of the most popular attractions at Hollywood Studios. You’ll definitely want to be sure to reserve a FastPass+ for Toy Story Mania. In this attraction, you enter the world of Andy’s toys. Even in the queue, you are surrounded by life-sized dominoes, wooden blocks, crayons, and more. One you step aboard your ride vehicle, the games begin! You can compete with your family and friends in various carnival games such as ring toss and balloon popping. As if that’s not enough, all of these fun carnival games are also in 3D!
3. Rock ‘N Roller Coaster – If you love thrills, you will not want to miss Rock ‘N Roller Coaster! After entering G Force Records, you’ll head to the back alley to catch your super stretch limo. These limos are fast! They take off from 0 to 60 mph in only 2.8 seconds. In addition to high speeds, this attraction also features loops, corkscrews, and drops. For some added fun, each limo blasts Aerosmith music for the entire ride. Be sure to experience this attraction multiple times, as each limo features a different soundtrack.
2. Fantasmic! – This show is spectacular! It has everything – fireworks, water screens, fire, boats, puppets, characters, and more! Fantasmic tells the story of how Mickey Mouse uses his imagination to defeat the forces of evil. The show has something for everyone, and chances are you’ll see your favorite Disney character at Fantasmic. Hollywood Studios’ version of the show features segments of the show dedicated to several classic Disney films such as The Lion King and Pocahontas. Be sure to have your camera ready, especially at the end of the show when you’ll see a whole boat full of Disney characters!
1. Tower of Terror – This may just be the best attraction in all of Walt Disney World! It has an amazing theme, a unique story, and, of course, all the thrills you could possibly want. The Hollywood Tower Hotel looms over Sunset Boulevard reminding guests of that fateful Halloween night in 1939 when five hotel guests unexpectedly disappeared from the hotel’s elevator. In this attraction, daring guests will plummet 13 stories down the elevator shaft. As if that isn’t enough, the elevator seems to have a mind of its own. You never know when or how many times you will drop, as the ride is different each time!
Did your favorite Hollywood Studios attraction make our top 10? Let us know your favorite in the comments below!
You may also enjoy these posts:
Latest posts by Kimberly (see all)
- Bambi: Signature Collection Digital HD Giveaway - May 22, 2017
- Overlooked Attractions: Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros - May 3, 2017
- Summertime In The Disney Parks - April 27, 2017