Walt Disney World’s second theme park, Epcot, opened in October of 1982. Since then it has become a favorite of many Disney World guests. In this unique park, visitors can explore new horizons in Future World and celebrate many different cultures in World Showcase. There are so many great attractions to experience at Epcot. Here is our list of the top 10 Epcot attractions you won’t want to miss.
10. Spaceship Earth is the park icon at Epcot, but it’s not your ordinary park icon. Guests can actually enter this beautiful geodesic sphere and board the attraction housed inside. While riding through Spaceship Earth, guests will explore the history of communication throughout the world.
9. Living With The Land is a great boat ride located inside The Land pavilion. This attraction takes guests into Disney’s greenhouses for an inside look at the innovative techniques used to grow some of the food served at Walt Disney World. While you float through the greenhouses, be sure to keep an eye out for for several hidden Mickeys including some Mickey shaped produce.
8. Grand Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros can be found inside the pyramid at the Mexico pavilion in World Showcase. This gentle boat ride allows guests to experience some of the sights and sounds of Mexico along with José Carioca, Panchito Pistoles, and Donald Duck.
7. The Seas With Nemo & Friends allows guests to hop aboard a “clamobile” for an undersea adventure with their friends from the film Finding Nemo. Your clamobile will take you all kinds of real sea creatures in a 5.7 million gallon aquarium. Characters from the film can even be seen swimming right along with the fish in the aquarium.
6. The American Adventure is the name of the host pavilion in World Showcase and also the name of the fabulous animatronic show housed inside the pavilion. The nearly 30 minute show explores the history of our great country as told by Benjamin Franklin and Mark Twain. This show is one of the best animatronic shows found at Walt Disney World.
5. Maelstrom, located at the Norway pavilion, is one of the best attractions in World Showcase. This adventurous boat ride takes guests on a journey through the country’s history and mythology. The attraction features polar bears, magical trolls, oil rigs, and a drop “back, back, over the falls.”
4. Test Track is a thrilling attraction in Future World. It was recently refurbished and now features a more interactive guest experience. Guests can now design their own car to be put to the test on the attraction. After creating a virtual car, guests will board a simulation car which will test for capability, responsiveness, efficiency, and power. The highlight of Test Track is a 65 mph ride on the outside of the attraction building.
3. Mission: Space is another great thrill ride found in Future World. At this attraction, guests will travel on a mission to the “Red Planet.” Each guest will be assigned a specific task – navigator, pilot, commander, or engineer – to help complete the mission. There are two levels of intensity for Mission: Space. The Orange Team is the more intense version of the attraction which uses a centrifuge to simulate speed and G-forces. The Green Team experience is a calmer version of the attraction which uses a motion simulator instead of the centrifuge. The Green Team version is recommended for anyone prone to motion sickness.
2. Soarin’ is one of the coolest attractions at Epcot. This thrill ride is located on the lower level of The Land. This attraction allows guests to experience the thrill of hang-gliding over California. You will sail over redwood forests, orange groves, and iconic California landmarks such as the Golden Gate Bridge. Not only can guests feel the wind as they fly, but this attraction also includes the fragrance of the sights below.
1. Illuminations: Reflections Of Earth is the nighttime fireworks spectacular at Epcot. This show celebrates the cultures from around the world. The show takes place on World Showcase Lagoon and is best viewed from locations around World Showcase. The show features a fabulous soundtrack, beautiful fireworks, and even a giant globe in the lagoon!
Did your favorite Epcot attraction make our top 10 list? Let us know which attraction is your favorite at Epcot in the comments below.
You may also enjoy these posts:
Latest posts by Kimberly (see all)
- Toy Story Land to Open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on June 30th - February 16, 2018
- How To Avoid Getting Sick At Disney - February 14, 2018
- New Park Experiences Announced at D23 Expo Japan - February 12, 2018