Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom is filled with so many great attractions! You can’t possibly fit them all in in just one day. So, in the first post of our new Top 10 Must Do’s series, we take a look at the top 10 attraction you won’t want to miss at the Magic Kingdom.
10. Mickey’s PhilharMagic is great for the whole family! The 4D show follows Donald on an adventure to retrieve the sorcerer’s hat. It features many of your favorite Disney characters and Disney songs. At the very end of the show, be sure to look behind you for a fun surprise!
9. Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room is a classic Disney attraction. The animatronic birds are fascinating to watch. Children and adults will love the singing birds, flowers, and tiki. The current version of this attraction pay tribute to the original 1963 Disneyland Tiki Room attraction.
8. Carousel Of Progress was said to be Walt Disney’s favorite attraction. The show tells the story of the American family and how progress improves their lives throughout the 20th century. At the end of each scene, the audience rotates around the theater to the next scene. With a great show, rotating theater, and fabulous theme song, The Carousel Of Progress has become one of my favorites, as well.
7. Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin is a fun interactive ride located in Tomorrowland. At this attraction, guests become Space Rangers who will battle the evil emporer Zurg. Each ride vehicle features two space cannons which guests can use to shoot at targets. If you score high enough to reach the Galactic Hero ranking, be sure to ask about a Galactic Hero button at the end of the attraction!
6. Pirates Of The Caribbean is another classic Disney attraction. This ride was nowhere to be found when Walt Disney World opened in 1971, but due to numerous guest requests, Disney built a new version of the popular Disneyland attraction. On this ride, guests will set sail through the Caribbean. The ride also features characters from the Pirates Of The Caribbean films, including Captain Jack Sparrow, mermaids, and more.
5. Wishes Nighttime Spectacular is not to be missed at the Magic Kingdom. This fabulous firework show features Tinkerbell, glittering fireworks, and classic Disney music. Taking place in the sky above Cinderella Castle, Wishes is a truly magical experience.
4. Main Street Electrical Parade is another nighttime experience you will not want to miss at Walt Disney World. The parade features thousands of sparkling lights. As the parade travels down Main Street, you will see many of your favorite Disney characters on beautiful illuminated floats. The music of the parade is equally spectacular.
3. The Haunted Mansion is another great attraction for the whole family. After entering the mansion, guests will board their own Doom Buggy for a tour of the Haunted Mansion narrated by the Ghost Host. As guests tour the mansion, which is home to 999 happy haunts, they will see many “Grim Grinning Ghosts.” While a haunted mansion may seem like a subject too scary for some children, the residents of this mansion are all friendly – just beware of hitchhiking ghosts.
2. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is a fun mine train through the wilderness located in Frontierland. This roller coaster is designed with the entire family in mind, though it may get a little bumpy at times. After you ride Big Thunder Mountain during the day, be sure to come back at nighttime for a completely different experience. And of course, remember to hang on to your hats and glasses!
1. Splash Mountain is my absolute favorite attraction at Magic Kingdom! This attraction combines audio animatronics, great music, lovable characters, and thrills to create an amazing ride experience. The attraction tells the story of characters from the Disney film Song Of The South, which many guests may not be too familiar with; however guests are sure to fall in love with Brer Rabbit and his friends quickly. The thrilling highlight of the attraction includes a plunge down 52 and a half feet into the briar patch.
Of course, there are still some other great Magic Kingdom attractions. Honorable mentions include Space Mountain, The Jungle Cruise, Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover, and Under The Sea ~ Journey Of The Little Mermaid.
Did your favorite attraction make it onto the top 10 list? Let us know what your favorite Magic Kingdom attraction is in the comments below!
You may also enjoy these posts:
Latest posts by Kimberly (see all)
- Toy Story Land to Open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on June 30th - February 16, 2018
- How To Avoid Getting Sick At Disney - February 14, 2018
- New Park Experiences Announced at D23 Expo Japan - February 12, 2018