There are so many great ways to celebrate anniversaries. Just a couple weeks before our second anniversary, my husband and I visited Walt Disney World. We celebrated early with some Disney anniversary buttons. Our anniversary is in July, which just happens to be my favorite time of year to visit Walt Disney World. So I’m sure we will celebrate many more anniversaries at Disney. Here are some of my favorite Disney anniversary celebration ideas:
10. Anniversary Buttons – Disney gives out free celebration buttons for just about any occasion. Featuring Mickey & Minnie, the anniversary buttons are some of the cutest. You can get them at your resort front desk, ticket window, or Guest Services in the parks. The cast members may even write how long you’ve been married on the button. Be sure to wear your button each day of your vacation. You will be met with congratulations from both cast members and fellow guests. If you’re lucky, you might even get something free because of your buttons. I don’t recall getting anything free because of our anniversary buttons, but my parents did get a beautiful Christmas ornament for their anniversary celebration at Liberty Tree Tavern. So be sure to wear your button and make a note of your celebration on any dining reservations. You just never know what extra Disney magic Mickey has up his sleeve!
9. In-Room Celebrations – Disney Floral and Gifts offers a variety of in-room celebrations including a couple of romance themed celebrations. The “From Mickey And Minnie With Love” option includes rose petals, candles, and chocolate in your room, as well as, a spa basket. It also includes a dozen pixie dusted roses and a custom matted photo of Mickey and Minnie. The “A Wish Come True” option is a two day celebration beginning with a “Disney dozen” roses. The thirteenth rose is wrapped in gold ribbon and sprinkled with pixie dust. Day two of the celebration includes rose petals, candles, Cinderella Castle chocolates, a silver plated bracelet, and more.
8. IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party – This new dessert party is a great way to end your day of celebrating at Epcot. You can feast on desserts from around the world as you enjoy a spectacular view of IllumiNations: Reflections Of Earth. Featured desserts include baklava from Morrocco, flambéed churros from Mexico, chocolate Grand Marnier pot de crème from France, and more.
7. Carriage Rides – Cinderella is not the only one who can go for a carriage ride at Disney. You and your spouse can go on a romantic carriage ride at two of the Disney resorts. At Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground, you can take a carriage ride through the beautiful pine and cypress tress. If a riverside carriage ride is more your style, you can travel along the banks of the Sassagoula River at Disney’s Port Orleans – Riverside.
6. Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party – This Magic Kingdom dessert party is a fabulous way to end a magical day of celebrating in the parks. The Tomorrowland Terrace is my favorite place to watch Wishes. It provides a great view of the fireworks over Cinderella Castle, as well as, a spectacular view of Tinkerbell as she flies directly above the terrace. In addition to great views, this dessert party also includes delicious treats such as pastries, cookies, chocolate covered strawberries, and more.
5. Stay At A Deluxe Resort – An anniversary vacation to Walt Disney World is a special occasion. So why not make it extra magical by staying at one of Disney’s deluxe resorts? Each deluxe resort offers an exquisitely themed experience. You can stay at a Victorian era resort or a resort themed after our national parks. The deluxe resorts also offer unique pools such as the Nanea Volcano Pool at Disney’s Polynesian or Stormalong Bay at Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club. The deluxe resorts also offer other great amenities such as monorail service or even a view of an African savanna!
4. California Grill – Celebrate your anniversary with fine dining at the California Grill. Located at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, this dining experience offers Californian cuisine and a beautiful view of the Magic Kingdom across Seven Seas Lagoon. The best part of dining at California Grill? Watching the fireworks, of course! Even if your reservation is not during Wishes, just bring your receipt to the check-in desk, or let them know you have a later reservation and you will be invited to watch the fireworks from the lounge or the observation deck.
3. Fireworks Cruises – Disney also offers specialty fireworks cruises for both Wishes and IllumiNations. The cruises accommodate 8 to 10 guests. You can also book a romantic anniversary cruise for two. Fireworks cruises include snacks and soft drinks. The synchronized soundtrack for the show will also be played on board.
2. Victoria and Albert’s – Another great fine dining experience for a special anniversary dinner can be found at the Grand Floridian’s award winning Victoria & Albert’s. This restaurant is one of only 15 in America to receive the AAA Five-Diamond Award for 15 years in a row! A harpist, fresh flowers, and candlelight set the mood for your romantic anniversary celebration. The cuisine found at Victoria & Albert’s features contemporary American dishes. If you really want to splurge for your anniversary celebration, try a 10 course dining experience at the Chef’s Table or in Queen Victoria’s Room.
1. Vow Renewals – Perhaps you’ve always dreamed of a Disney fairytale wedding. What better way to celebrate your anniversary than with a vow renewal ceremony at Walt Disney World! You can choose from several beautiful ceremony and reception locations such as Disney’s Wedding Pavilion, numerous locations around World Showcase, The Great Movie Ride, The Living Seas Salon, Harambe Street, and more.
Have you celebrated an anniversary at Walt Disney World? Let us know your favorite way to celebrate this special occasion in the comments below!
Thank you for joining me today. Your next stop on the Magical Blogorail Loop is Journeys from a Follower.
Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail should you happen to have to make a stop along the way and want to reboard:
Latest posts by Kimberly (see all)
- Park World Radio: Relive the Magic 24/7! - October 8, 2017
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales Digital HD Giveaway - September 29, 2017
- New For The 2017 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival - September 6, 2017