If you’ve ever visited Florida in the summer, you know it is hot! The parks at Walt Disney World are no exception. But don’t let the hot Florida weather discourage you from taking your summer Disney vacation. There are plenty of ways to cool off all around Walt Disney World. Here are our top 10 ways to beat the heat:
10. Water/Misting stations can be found throughout the parks of Walt Disney World. They are a great way to cool off without getting very wet. At the Magic Kingdom, you will find some fun totem pole misters in Adventureland. The leaky fire hydrant on New York Street at Hollywood Studios is a favorite among little kids. Misting stations can also be found near Test Track at Epcot and throughout Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
9. Club Cool is a great place to cool off, as well as, quench your thirst. In this air conditioned attraction, you can sample Coke products from different countries around the world. Be sure to try the Beverly. It’s delicious!
8. Mickey’s premium ice cream bar, my favorite Disney treat, takes the number 8 spot on our list. With vanilla ice cream covered in a chocolate shell, you’re sure to love this cold snack. As if the taste isn’t enough, the ice cream bar is shaped like our favorite mouse! And yes, food really does taste better when shaped like Mickey!
7. The Voyage of the Little Mermaid at Hollywood studios is a great place to be entertained and cool off at the same time. This air conditioned show is 17 minutes long and takes place ‘Under The Sea.’ As you travel into Ariel’s world at the beginning of the show, you will be showered with a light mist. The show features music from the film, blacklight puppets, animation, live actors, and lasers.
6. Water play areas can be found throughout Walt Disney World and are a great way for children to cool off. The newly opened Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak Station in Storybook Circus at the Magic Kingdom is one of the best themed water play areas at Disney. Other great water play areas can be found in Future World at Epcot and at the Marketplace at Downtown Disney.
5. The jumping fountains at Epcot are a fun way for both children and adults to cool off. These fountains are located at the Imagination Pavilion. Streams of water will ‘jump’ from pad to pad, allowing guests to try to catch the water as it jumps. If you stand in just the right spot, you can even get pretty wet at these fountains. Whether you play in the water or just watch, these are probably the coolest fountains in all of Walt Disney World!
4. Splash Mountain is a fabulous attraction to cool off in. As you travel through Chickapin Hill on your hollowed out log, you’ll learn the story of Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox, and Brer Bear. Splash Mountain is also filled with some of the best music you’ll find at Walt Disney World. With a 52 and a half foot drop, you’re likely to get a little wet on this great Disney thrill ride.
3. Kali River Rapids at Disney’s Animal Kingdom is another great way to cool off, especially if you’re not afraid of getting soaked. This rafting expedition takes guests down the Chakranadi River, over a geyser, past waterfalls, and down a 20-foot slope. This attraction also conveys a message that we must put an end to illegal logging which is destroying animal habitats similar to the forest featured on the ride. Between the mists, geysers, splashdowns, and elephant squirters, you are sure to get wet, if not soaked, on Kali River Rapids.
2. The resort pools at Walt Disney World are a great place to cool off during those hot Disney days. Each pool is themed to match the spirit of the hotel, and many of these pools are quite amazing! Stormalong Bay is a 3 acre pool complete with a shipwreck, 230-foot slide, and a lazy river at Disney’s Beach Club. The Nanea Volcano Pool at Disney’s Polynesian Resort features a volcano, a waterfall, and a 142-foot waterslide. While it may be tempting to go for a swim at the Disney pools of resorts other than the one you are staying at, pool hopping at Walt Disney World is not allowed. But no matter which resort you are staying at, you are sure to have a fun and unique pool experience at your resort.
1. Water parks are the best way to stay during your Walt Disney World vacation. Disney has two water parks, Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon. When the snow from a freak Florida snow storm began melting, Blizzard Beach was transformed from a ski resort into a truly unique water park. Strange weather is also responsible for the creation of Typhoon Lagoon. When a strong typhoon came through, it flung ships, fishing gear, and surf boards throughout the area. It even dropped the shrimp boat, Miss Tilly, atop Mount Mayday. No matter which water park you choose, you are sure to have tons of fun spending the day enjoying the wave pool, water slides, lazy river, and more. You can even swim with sharks and other sea creatures at Typhoon Lagoon’s Shark Reef!
What is your favorite way to cool off at Disney? Let us know in the comments below!
Latest posts by Kimberly (see all)
- Best Ways to Celebrate Christmas at Walt Disney World - November 1, 2017
- Cars 3 Digital HD Giveaway - November 1, 2017
- Park World Radio: Relive the Magic 24/7! - October 8, 2017