As many times as I have visited Walt Disney World, you’d think I would have tried quite a few salty snacks at the parks, right? Wrong! When someone says “snack” at Disney, I immediately think Mickey ice cream bar every time. In fact, I can’t think of a single salty snack I have ever tried at Disney. Obviously, something needs to be done about this on my next trip to Walt Disney World. So let’s take a look at the top 5 salty snacks I need to try on my next Disney vacation.
5. Popcorn – I have heard the popcorn at Disney is delicious. It can be found in many locations at the parks. Though I haven’t tasted any Disney popcorn yet, I can tell you it does smell quite good. If the popcorn itself isn’t enough to convince you (or me) to try it, the incredibly cute themed popcorn buckets it is often served in might just be enough to convince you to give it a try!
4. Pork Shank – This relatively new snack found at Gaston’s Tavern has quickly become very popular. These scrumptious looking snacks are seasoned with salt and pepper before being slow-roasted. A BBQ glaze is then added to the pork shanks. Like much of the food at Disney, these large pork shanks are big enough to split.
3. Roasted Corn – I had never heard of this Disney snack until doing some research for this article. Roasted Corn is available in Liberty Square and comes in a variety of flavors. In fact, you can add the flavors to this treat yourself. After ordering your roasted corn, head over to the condiments where you will find various seasonings such as Italian Spice, Jamaican Jerk, BBQ, and Salt & Pepper.
2. Turkey Leg – I am not a fan of turkey; however, those turkey legs at Disney smell absolutely amazing! In fact, they’re my favorite smell at Disney. Despite how I feel about turkey, I’ve decided I want to try a turkey leg on my next vacation. My friend Heidi from Heidi’s Head has told me Disney turkey legs actually taste a bit like ham, which I happen to love. So I can’t wait to try this popular Disney snack!
1. Mickey Pretzel – As we all know, food tastes much better when in the shape of our favorite mouse. I’m sure pretzels are no exception. I would love to try one of these cute pretzels with a side of cheese! If you’re in the mood for something with a little more spice to it, try the Jalapeno Cheese Pretzel.
What is your favorite salty snack at Disney? Let me know what other treats I should try in the comments below!
Photo credit: yamada3 / Foter / Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC 2.0)
Photo credit: insidethemagic / Foter / Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0)
Latest posts by Kimberly (see all)
- Disney Bucket List: Club 33 - December 18, 2017
- Best Ways to Celebrate Christmas at Walt Disney World - November 1, 2017
- Cars 3 Digital HD Giveaway - November 1, 2017