A while ago, I read The Vault of Walt by Jim Korkis. This book was filled with all kinds of great Disney history and so much information I had never heard before. Of all the Disney books I’ve read, it was one of my favorites. Well, I’m thrilled to say there is now a second volume in this book series! Published by Theme Park Press, The Vault of Walt: Volume 2 contains even more great stories about Walt and the company he built. I can’t wait to read this book! Be sure to watch the blog for a review coming soon, but in the mean time see the information below for more information on The Vault of Walt: Volume 2.
More Disney Stories Mickey Won’t Tell You
Best-selling author Jim Korkis returns with another haul of his fan-favorite, behind-the-scenes Disney stories in a second volume of Vault of Walt. Korkis digs deep in forgotten Disney lore to bring forth, as Disney super fan and WDW Radio host Lou Mongello puts it, tales “only Jim can weave—and told in the way only he can tell them.”
A Boy and His Vault
Korkis has been telling Disney stories “in the way only he can tell them” for decades, starting when he was a kid in Glendale cold-calling Disney animators for interviews. That’s where he got his first peek inside the symbolic Disney vault. And he was hooked.
Since then, and always in his accessible but authoritative style, Korkis has chronicled Disney’s oral tradition and captured the fascinating tales that otherwise would have gone to the grave with Disney’s legendary artists, animators, and Imagineers. These tales, above all else, reveal the human touch: as you read them, the people who devoted their lives to Disney will come to life for you.
Walt, Warts, and Wizardry
Despite Jim Korkis’ love for Disney, there’s no sugarcoating on these stories. You’ll get the warts and the wizardry, the playful and the pungent, the magical and the heretical—but most of all, you’ll get what really happened, because those are the best stories of all.
- The bare-knuckles battle between Walt Disney and P.L. Travers over Mary Poppins.
- The real story of the Jungle Cruise, why Walt’s plan for live animals was shot down, and how Walt once got cheated by an impatient skipper.
- The life-long hatred between Walt and Bugs Bunny creator Friz Freleng caused by a boil on Freleng’s ass.
- How Roy O. Disney took over a demoralized company after his brother Walt’s death and built a fantasyland from swampland.
- Why even the mention of a dismal cartoon that Walt created in the 1930s drove him to fury.
And many more!
Any Disney fan curious about the history not told (and sometimes buried!) by the Disney Company, the history not found in other books that merely scratch the surface of Disney’s rich but often forgotten past, will find it here, presented in short, self-contained chapters that span Walt’s earliest years through the present.
Latest posts by Kimberly (see all)
- Best Ways to Celebrate Christmas at Walt Disney World - November 1, 2017
- Cars 3 Digital HD Giveaway - November 1, 2017
- Park World Radio: Relive the Magic 24/7! - October 8, 2017