Spring is quickly approaching! Tomorrow Epcot will be filled with beautiful topiaries and all kinds of flowers, plants, butterflies, and delicious foods as the 2017 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival kicks off. If your family will be heading to Walt Disney World Resort for the festival or shortly after, you’ll want to be aware of the scheduled refurbishments which may affect your visit to the Most Magical Place on Earth. The Refurbishment Schedule is subject to change, so be sure to confirm any information prior to your vacation.
- The Walt Disney World Railroad is currently closed for refurbishment until March 2, 2017.
- The Hall of Presidents is closed for a lengthy refurbishment until June 29, 2017.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Cover Story, the store where guests can view and purchase PhotoPass photos, is closed for refurbishment until March 23, 2017.
Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
- Typhoon Lagoon is currently closed for the park’s annual refurbishment through March 11, 2017.
Disney’s Boardwalk Inn & Villas
- Exterior painting and maintenance is taking place until April 2017. Work with the highest potential for noise will be limited to the hours of 9:00 AM until 5:00 PM.
- The Luna Park Slide is closed for refurbishment through March 3, 2017.
- The Community Hall Pool is closed for refurbishment through March 1, 2017.
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- The Trinidad South Village Pool is currently closed through March 16, 2017.
- General resort refurbishments are taking place in the Trinidad South Region until March 16, 2017. Guests may see and hear construction in progress specifically around the pirate-themed rooms in the Trinidad South region of the resort. Work likely to cause noise will not begin until after 9:00 AM.
- Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Cabana Pool Bar, and Calypso Trading Post are scheduled to close for refurbishment May 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018. A variety of dining options will be available for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Centertown will serve breakfast and dinner. A selection of grab-and-go meals will be available for purchase at three island markets located in the Aruba, Jamaica, and Martinique regions of the resort. In-room dining will continue to be available to resort guests. Any work likely to cause a noise will not begin until after 9:00 AM.
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- A hard goods refurbishment is currently taking place at Disney’s Coronado Spring Resort. Guests may see or hear construction taking place, or encounter alternative paths of travel throughout the resort. All work with potential for noise will be limited to the hours between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM.
Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort
- Room refurbishments will continue to take place through April 9, 2017. This will not impact any of the resort activities or amenities available to guests.
Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- The Sandcastle Pool is closed for refurbishments through March 3, 2017. The leisure pools located at Old Turtle Pond, South Point, and Miller’s Road will remain open during this time.
- Exterior painting and maintenance is currently taking place through July 27, 2017. All work will be limited to after 9:00 AM.
Disney’s Pop Century Resort
- Room refurbishments are taking place through May 7, 2017. During this time, guests may see or hear work in progress and certain pathways may be unavailable. All work will attempt to be limited to after 9:00 AM.
Disney’s Port Orleans – Riverside
- The Alligator Bayou North Pool is closed for refurbishment through April 7, 2017.
Disney’s Vero Beach Resort
- General resort refurbishments will take place through March 2017. Guests will likely see and hear construction work throughout the villas, spa, and dining areas. Work likely to cause noise will be limited to 9:00 AM until 5:00 PM.
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge & Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Due to extensive refurbishments through 2017, guests will likely see and hear construction work in various areas of the resort. The construction work will attempt to be limited to hours after 9:00 AM.
- The Hidden Springs leisure pool area (the leisure pool at Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge), resort beach, playground, Marina and more will be unavailable until sometime in 2017.
- Certain pathways, including the nature trail, will be unavailable. In addition, surrounding views may be altered.
- The recently refurbished Silver Creek Springs Pool will remain open and boat transportation to the Magic Kingdom will continue.
- The Cub’s Den children’s activity center will be unavailable through 2017.
- Roaring Fork and Trout Pass Pool Bar are closed for refurbishment through Summer 2017. During this time, Geyser Point Pool Bar & Grill will serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Territory Lounge will also serve a continental style breakfast featuring gourmet coffees, pastries, and a yogurt parfait.
Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
- Room refurbishments are currently taking place. During this time, guests may see or hear work in progress. Certain pathways may be unavailable during the refurbishments. To minimize disruptions, work will attempt to be limited to 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Captain’s Grille will close for refurbishments May 15 through September 30, 2017. During refurbishments the Captain’s Grille will relocate to the oceanic-themed Ariel’s.
Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Convention Center
- Expansion work is taking place now through February 1, 2018. During this time, guests may see or hear work in progress. Certain pathways may become unavailable. In an effort to minimize disruptions, work will attempt to be limited to 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM.
- DisneyQuest will close permanently on July 3, 2017.
You may also enjoy these posts:
Latest posts by Kimberly (see all)
- Bambi: Signature Collection Digital HD Giveaway - May 22, 2017
- Overlooked Attractions: Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros - May 3, 2017
- Summertime In The Disney Parks - April 27, 2017