UPDATE: Looking for the most recent refurbishment schedule? Find the current Walt Disney World refurbishment schedule here.
With Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas quickly approaching, many families are eagerly counting down the days to their Walt Disney World vacation. If your family will be visiting Walt Disney World this holiday season, you’ll want to be aware of the scheduled refurbishments listed below before you make your way to the Most Magical Place on Earth. As always, the Refurbishment Schedule is subject to change, so be sure to confirm any information prior to your vacation.
- The Walt Disney World Resort Monorail System is currently undergoing refurbishment. It may be operating on modified service and/or routes. If you plan to use the monorail transportation, please be sure to check that it is the best mode of transportation on your day of travel, as other transportation options may be available. The monorail refurbishment is scheduled to be completed sometime in October 2016.
- Swiss Family Treehouse is currently closed for refurbishments until October 24, 2016
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is currently undergoing refurbishments until November 18, 2016.
- The Hauned Mansion will be closed for a short refurbishment November 28 through December 1, 2016.
- Splash Mountain will be closed for refurbishment on December 7, 2016.
- The Liberty Square Riverboat will undergo refurbishment January 3 – 12, 2017.
- From January 9 through February 16, 2017, the Walt Disney World Railroad will be closed for refurbishment.
- The Hall of Presidents will undergo a lengthy refurbishment beginning January 17 and going through June 29, 2017.
- Infrastructure work is currently taking place until December 17,2016.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Pizza Planet is currently closed. It will re-open in Fall 2016 as PizzeRizzo, a pizzaria owned and operated by Rizzo the Rat. I can’t wait to visit the new Muppet themed restaurant!
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster will close for refurbishment October 27 through November 9, 2016.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- DINOSAUR and the Dino Institute Shop are currently closed for refurbishment until October 16, 2016.
Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park
- Blizzard Beach will close for the park’s annual refurbishment October 16 through December 24, 2016.
Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
- Typhoon Lagoon will close for the park’s annual refurbishment December 25, 2016 through March 11, 2017.
Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
- The Piano Pool will be closed December 12, 2016 through February 3, 2017.
Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
- The Grand Slam Pool is closed for refurbishments now until December 13, 2016.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
- Guest rooms are currently being refurbished with new soft goods through January 2017. Guests will not be accommodated in rooms undergoing refurbishment. The work will take place between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Guests may hear and see work in progress. Certain pathways may become unavailable.
Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Room refurbishments are currently taking place through October 31, 2016. Guests will not be accommodated in rooms undergoing refurbishment; however, they may experience an interruption to water services overnight. Guests may also hear and see work in progress.
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- Beginning in November 2016, hard good refurbishment will take place at the resort. Guests may see or hear construction taking place, or encounter alternative paths of travel throughout the resort. All work with potential for noise will be limited to the hours between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM.
Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort
- A beach renourishment project will take place is currently taking place and will continue through November 15, 2016.
- The Water Tower Slide is currently closed through October 31, 2016; however, the pool will remain open.
- Routine maintenance will take place at the resort November 1 through December 14, 2016.
- Refurbisments will take place at Broad Creek Merchantile January 2 through February 28, 2017. The Merchantile will remain open during this time; however, noise and visual impacts are expected.
Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- The Sandcastle Pool will be closed for refurbishments January 2 through February 24, 2017. The liesure pools located at Old Turtle Pond, South Point, and Miller’s Road will remain open during this time.
Disney’s Pop Century Resort
- The Computer Pool is scheduled to close for refurbishments October 31, 2016 through January 3, 2017. Guests will be able to use the Hippy Dippy Pool or the Bowling Pool.
Disney’s Port Orleans – French Quarter
- Refurbishments are currently taking place at Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory until late Fall 2016.
Disney’s Vero Beach Resort
- Now through October 2016 guests will see and hear construction work throughout the villas, spa, and dining areas due to several refurbishment projects. Work likely to cause noise will attempt to be limited to the hours of 9:00 AM until 5:00 PM.
- Sonya’s restaurant and Bleacher’s Bar & Grill have permanently closed to make room for new experiences.
- The table service restaurant Shutters will be temporarily relocated to the SeaGrape Room.
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge & Villas
- Due to extensive refurbishments until 2017, guests will likely see and hear construction work in various areas of the resort. The construction work will attempt to be limited to hours after 9:00 a.m.
- The Hidden Springs leisure pool area (the leisure pool at The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge), resort beach, playground, Marina and more will be unavailable until sometime in 2017.
- Certain pathways, including the nature trail, will be unavailable. In addition, surrounding views may be altered.
- The recently refurbished Silver Creek Springs Pool will remain open and boat transportation to the Magic Kingdom will continue.
- The Cub’s Den children’s activity center will be unavailable through 2017.
Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
- Room refurbishments will take place beginning in January 2017. During this time, guests may see or hear work in progress. Certain pathways may be unavailable during the refurbishments. To minimize disruptions, work will attempt to be limited to 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Convention Center
- Expansion work will take place now through February 1, 2018. During this time, guests may see or hear work in progress. Certain pathways may become unavailable. In an effort to minimize disruptions, work will attempt to be limited to 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM.
- Planet Hollywood is currently undergoing refurbishments and will re-open in Fall 2016.
- Fulton’s Crab House is currently closed for refurbishments and will reopen as Paddlefish in Fall 2016.
You may also enjoy these posts:
Latest posts by Kimberly (see all)
- Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 Digital HD Giveaway - August 16, 2017
- Fireworks Photography Tips for Walt Disney World - July 19, 2017
- Save Up To 20% on Rooms for Your Fall 2017 Walt Disney World Vacation - July 19, 2017